Friday 28 June 2013

Review: You Me Sushi


I live disgustingly close to four different supermarkets; I'm talking 2 minute walk to each of them... But yesterday evening, I was far too lazy to make this trip to any of them, so instead decided to order some sushi. A quick google search sent me to You Me Sushi and, seeming to be pretty standard stuff, I decided to try it.



I'm a bit rubbish with sushi and never know how much to order. Needless to say, I ordered WAY too much - so much so that they brought two sets of chopsticks and soy sauce, assuming it was for two people (fatty) - and so I am planning on making a lunch out of it today as well (I'm not entirely sure that this is the best idea, but the supermarket is just soooooo far).




The sushi was OK, although it had become a bit warm as my order included gyoza as well. They had thought ahead and kept them in two separate bags, but the proximity had made them go a bit 'sweaty'... They were also not very uniform at all, and fell apart pretty quickly (probably as a result of the sweatiness), but the spicy mayo that comes with certain sushis (is that the plural?!) is reeeeally good. My main issue though: there was NO wasabi - I didn't even think that was possible - so be sure to ask for some when ordering to avoid such bitter disappointment. As for the service, the site was easy to use, but the delivery was about twenty minutes late - not a great problem, but just be aware if you are about to eat your own arm.

This wasn't the worst sushi I've ever had, but it also wasn't the best, so if I were looking to get some delivered again, I'd probably try somewhere different before going here for the second time (or I'd just get off my ass and go to the supermarket). There are a LOT of branches of You Me Sushi across London though, so potentially I was just unlucky with my order/branch, so all in all, a pretty useless review...

No comments:

Post a Comment