Saturday 8 June 2013

SPICE UP YOUR LIFE


As uncool as the 90s were first time round, and as cringe-worthy as it is to look at pictures of myself and my parents from the decade that fashion forgot, I am secretly loving the recent revival! Admittedly, it is scary that fashion has already come full circle in my lifetime, but watevz, I can rejoice in the fact that I was ahead of my time, wearing bad boys like this:


(although mine were silver and therefore infinitely cooler)

Anyway, as I am going on holiday this week, I thought that would be the perfect time to try out some of these 'looks' in a place where nobody knows me and where, it seems, 'the 90s' is a pretty new concept... (no offence Europe):



90s - 1

90s - 1 by lucyjcross featuring topshop

I remember I used to wear jelly shoes like that to school with white socks. It doesn't get much cooler...


90s Vacay


I am currently bummin' bumbags. Yes, they are the most hideous things to have ever been created, but they are just SO practical - I am definitely jumping on this bandwagon. I also love the idea of short shorts and clumpy trainers, it reminds me of holidays when I was young, but that could have more to do with the fact that I spent nearly every holiday in Disney World, where this is perennially fashionable, than the actual fashion of the time...



No comments:

Post a Comment